Bar End Shifter Mount for Recumbent Trike
Ever wanted to attach something like a mirror to the ends your handlebars, but you have Bar End Shifters, so there wasn’t any way to do it? Well, now there is! This mount uses a special clamp with a Cable Tunnel in it that attaches to the end of your handlebars right under your Bar End Shifters.
The clamp goes forward and inward a little bit and holds a mounting tube that goes up and then out. Since the clamp goes inward a little bit, your hands slide right past it. You’ll barely notice it’s there as you go from braking to shifting and back. What you will notice is that your mirror is now right where you want it to be, and that you can easily see your phone and operate the buttons on your motor controller. Left or right-hand installation.
- Machined from 6061T6 aluminum, anodized black. Fasteners are stainless steel. The clamp attaches the end of your 7/8 handlebar and has a tunnel that goes around the shifter cable. The L shaped Accessory Mounting tube provided is black powder-coated 7/8 diameter 6061T4 tube.
- There are two versions of the clamp part of this mount. One has the cable tunnel on the front (most trikes, like Catrike, TerraTrike, HPVT, Azub, Performer, etc.), and the other has the cable tunnel on the back (ICE trikes assembled in the UK).
- The clamp is designed to be installed without needing to disable the shifter. Once you’ve done one, you can install one in about 2 minutes. It’s one of those things that’s more work to explain than to do.
- The clamp is designed to clamp around a painted or anodized 7/8 inch (22.2mm) handlebar tube. Only 1/2 inch (12.7mm) of handlebar space is required. The width of the cable tunnel allows about 10 degrees of side to side angular adjustment.
- The L shaped Accessory Mounting Tube is also 7/8 inch in diameter and 4 inches (100mm) long. The Accessory Mounting tube is adjustable up and down and radially.
- This mount is designed to hold accessories like mirrors, phones, GPSs, and motor controllers. It is not designed for heavy loads or to carry steering forces.
- Fits any bike or trike with bar-end shifters where you’d like to mount other things near the end of the handlebars