Van Raam Kivo Tandem
Van Raam cycles can be highly customized to your lifestyle and liking. Please contact us and our highly trained Van Raam expert will work with you on customization options, additional questions, placing orders, or in-house demo rides.
Below our U.S. order form can be viewed or downloaded so you can explore all the options Van Raam has to offer and configure your bike with our team.
Van Raam Kivo Tandem Bike
The Kivo is a child-parent tandem with a grown-up sitting behind and a child sitting in front. The child can get a good view of the environment. The rider sitting behind can always keep a good watch on the child. The Kivo has a low step-through and therefore, is easier to use.
The Kivo has standard 8 gears and a freewheel switch. You can use the switchable freewheel to determine whether and how the passenger pedals.
With the rear steering, the freewheel hub has three positions:
- This is a function with a continuous movement of the pedal and the co-driver must pedal along.
- The pedals of the co-driver move independently of the pedals of the main driver. The pedals run freely and the co-driver cannot cycle.
- In this position, the pedals of the co-driver move independently of the pedals of the main driver. The co-driver can cycle along.
The Kivo also has a variant with two wheels behind. An optional electric engine is possible to install on all the variants, which gives comfortable pedal support, this makes cycling on this tandem even easier.
- If you choose an optional electric pedal assist, it will be delivered as a Smart E-Bike. It allows you to view a lot of information about your battery and smart E-Bike from a distance. For example, you can use the app to view bike routes and see where your connected bike is located – this is especially good against theft.
- 8 gears
- Switchable disengagement system
- Powder coating
- Safety lock
- Five-year guarantee on frame
- Aluminum rims
- Good view for both persons
- Child-Parent Tandem
- You can choose if the child has to pedal or not
- The hind person steers
- For both persons a low step through