Catrike Sit & Stand Assist Arms
Designed after extensive research with real people in real-world situations, these arms provide the forms of support you need to safely and comfortably get on and off your trike. The long, curving arms provide multiple gripping positions and provide a generous area to rest your wrists and arms.
The arms are centered over the front wheels. They extend forward so they are easy to reach when you are first getting on, and extend back towards you when you’re seated to help you start to get up. The front-to-back configuration also means there’s no twisting of hands or wrists required, your grip is always natural and comfortable. The low-profile clamps provide optimal positioning.
- Arms are 1 inch (25.4mm) diameter for easier gripping.
- Arms are usually mounted behind the brakes and shifters. About 1.75 inches (45mm) of open space is required at the end of the horizontal steering arm. Unless you have your controls mounted all the way out at the ends of the steering arms, slide them forward as necessary to make room for the Assist Arm clamps. Attach the clamps and install the arms. Adjust the arms so they are plumb and level and there is enough room to easily reach the controls.
- If you need your controls all the way out at the ends of your steering arms, use the low profile mounts to attach the arms ahead of the controls. The clamps are designed so the heads of the bolts face inward for easy wrench access.
- When getting on, stand where you usually would right in front of the main cross tube. Reach down and move your hands inward and you’ll automatically find the arms. Grab the arms and rest your arms on them as you sit down. To get up, first grip the curved part of the arm closest to you and use it to pull yourself to an upright posture. Then reach forward on the main part of the arm and pull yourself up. You can rest your arm on the foam cushion as you do this.
- Fit’s all Catrikes except Eola.