Terracycle Recumbent Flag Mount
- Machined from a single piece of aluminum. Anodized black with the flagpole size (6mm or 1/4 inch) engraved near the top end. Angle adjustment range designed for mounting to tubes anywhere from horizontal to completely vertical (max 70 degrees for tubes 1-1/8in (28.6mm) or larger). Seatstays are probably the steepest tubes on a recumbent and they are usually less than 70 degrees- and smaller than 1-1/8 inches.
- Grip strength adjustable from easy in/out to can’t be pulled out at all. When the bolt is tightened all the way, the stainless washer contacts the flagpole and grips so firmly you can lift your bike or trike by the flagpole.
- Two modified Cateye brand clamps included, specify the tube size you want to attach to and we will provide the right size clamps. We modify the Cateye clamps by adding a black anodized bushing to make a firm surface for the mount to press against with clearance past the edge of the tube.
- Machined from 6061T6. Stainless fasteners with Neoprene gripper ring. Clamps are modified Cateye brand clamps, the best in the business for strength and range of sizes. Mounts are made in two sizes, 6mm and 1/4 inch, to fit basically any bike flag pole. When fully tightened, the stainless washer in the gripper mechanism directly contacts the flagpole, making it a solid mechanical grip in addition to the compliant rubber grip. It is also possible to directly attach this mount, for instance to the back of a carbon fiber seat or the side of a cargo box. In that case, the Cateye clamps are not required.
- We designed this flagpole mount to go almost anywhere. It is designed to attach to any tube from 1/2 inch (12mm) to 1-1/4 inch (31.8mm). It can also be attached directly to a flattish surface like a carbon fiber seat or the side of a cargo box.